Family of 5

Family of 5
Family of 5!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Packing...


I feel like we're ahead of the game--one whole week ahead. The suitcases are filling up fast, too fast. Although it is a bit discouraging when the suitcase itself accounts for a quarter of your weight limit...The baggage allowance to and from the US is sufficiently generous; it's significantly less so on the domestic flights in China. So should we pack accordingly for those, or just accept the excess fees which will be assessed?

I'm sure that I will have to remind myself throughout the week how glad I am that we started packing a week ahead. The days will yet be filled with errands, last minute purchases, details, arrangements, activities, etc. We will also need to see if there will be any room left in the suitcases for any of our own three's stuff! So far, little guy seems to be the disproportionately voluminous "tenant." But I'm sure that he will be happy to have clothes and toys that are actually his own. And nurse mommy will be ready for any and every possible eventuality, since there's no telling what his exact condition will be on "gotcha day". (PR)

No comments: