Family of 5

Family of 5
Family of 5!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Only...

Hi everyone from guest writer #2! WOW is it getting exciting! This week there are so many lasts (the last Sunday without him etc...). I keep remembering it's only 1 whole day until we leave and only 6 whole days till we have John-Nathan in our arms! That is so hard to believe. When I was thinking about "only" I thought of the question many people ask about salvation. The "is that all I need to do?" question comes up many times for people as an obstacle. As humans we are all looking to work for salvation, making it impossible to ever be saved. Thankfully that was not God's plan. He has told us to "only believe." Like the Bible says in Acts 16:31 "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved." Yes, it's that simple! Let this day be your last day without the Savior. (JR)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are pumped this week about your trip. Only ... your right it is a profound word! Maybe the word "only" also applies to your packing skills ... take "only" what you need. We love you all!

Daniel & Melanie

Anonymous said...

There is a song "Come every soul by sin oppressed, there is mercy with the Lord. And He will surely give you rest, by trusting in his word. Only trust him, only trust him only trust him NOW" I am glad that it is ONLY a few short days. I like the NOW part.

"Beloved NOW are we the sons of God, and it does NOT YET appear what we shall be, but we know that when He shall appear we shall be like him for we shall see him as He is". I John 3:2

Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Oops, I left out the last part of the chorus "He will save you, He will save you, He will save you NOW."

Love Grandpa