Family of 5

Family of 5
Family of 5!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

GOOD grief

Sidewalks are a misnomer -- they should be called "siderides" around here because they are mainly the venue for bicycles, motorized bikes, scooters, etc. and they come and go in either direction on any given "sideride".  As with any shared roadway, you feel like your life is in constant peril.

Since we had no appointments today, we had a leisurely breakfast--still before 7:00 am, but that's life with these little guys. After breakfast, we went to the play room, where a pen of plastic balls gobbled up Jack like quicksand.


Nice to visit there with another family who have a little guy from Maria's.


Since Jack was having a hard time going down for a nap, I thought that I would remove John-Nathan from that particular situation, so we headed to a city park up the street.  Upon cresting one particular path, some sweet strains reached my ears: "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.  Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future, and life is worth the living, just because He lives."  Just what the Doctor ordered!  Of course, it was being sung in Chinese, not English.  The rest of that story will have to wait...

Back on the hotel front, Jack had conked out for his nap, likely exhausted from a long bout of crying.  Upon waking, he was doing better, so we thought that a trek down the street to Pizza Hut would be in order.  John-Nathan also got an ice cream treat at KFC.  


Bedtime was rough again for Jack.  Fatigue seems to be a trigger for him realizing what's no longer normal in his life.  The new normal will take time to establish, but we expect Jack to make great strides over the next few days. As the title of this post says, we recognize that these hard times are needful and ultimately beneficial for our little guy.  We're super tired and trying to get to bed, so…until tomorrow! (PR)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psalms 30:5... Weeping may endure for a night, but Joy cometh in the morning. GPA

Anonymous said...

PRAYING!!!!Praying for each of you-- know God will meet your needs and give strength . Love you all

Mom/ Gma

Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you! Thanks for the great updates. I feel like I am there with you...without the tiredness you all must feel! I am praying Psalm 27:14 & Matthew 28:11 for you even now as you sleep that the Lord will strengthen your hearts and rest your tired bodies so when you wake up you will feel renewed & refreshed. Love Aunt Genie

Anonymous said...

Aunt Genie is a little Dyslexic. Correct for my previous comment, I am praying Psalm 27:14 & Matthew 11:28 for you! May God's sweet sleep and rest find you waking up to another wonderful day of family love & bonding Love Aunt Genie

Anonymous said...

Nights were the hardest for Stella too, especially when we were in China. It got consistently better (GZ was much better sleeping than ZZ). I'm happy to report she is now the world's best sleeper! Hang in there, I know you must be exhausted.

Thoughts and prayers going out to you!
Love, Karen W.

rebekah wright said...

I recognize that ball pit!!! We spent a LOT of time in that play room:) You were on my mind all day today so I have prayed for you many times. Continuing to pray for the rest of your trip together. Love to all of you!
love,
the wrights