

Thank you Lord for bringing us safely home! Oh, the wonderful love and care of our God and the sweet prayers of the saints, checking Flightview, and praying us home at KEY points in our travel day. How we see His hand at work in getting us back home. Some of you may only think of O.J. Simpson in connection with the "bloody glove"-- But I remember him in connection with the Hertz commercial running through the airport. That was us yesterday, both at Narita (Tokyo) and Detroit, arriving at both gates as boarding was underway. Without going into great detail, suffice it to say that the travel was long and hard, with minimal rest along the way. We have plenty of stories to tell in person of trips to the lavatories (quite a challenge for 2 to fit in there--we even had three in there at one point!!), flight attendant personalities, sleepless nights, I mean days, I mean nights (?)...

Other than the stressful feeling from the time crunch in Detroit, passing through immigration was neat from the standpoint that John-Nathan's paperwork was received, processed, etc and when his passport was stamped he was congratulated on becoming a US citizen! (They waived the fingerprints and signature!)

Smiles, hugs, and tears at the airport were a precious welcome home. (sorry, pictures of the weary travelers arriving at the airport are on another camera) Being back in our own home was even better! John-Nathan was a bit overwhelmed by the newness and abundance of it all -- and so much bigger than a hotel room! Fun to watch him come to realize that all in his father's house is his, too! "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? (Rom. 8:32) Please continue to pray for rest for us. We all slept, more or less through the night, despite Julianna coughing still (fever has returned) and I (Peter) now have one too. Would rather be sick here than there...So we're a a bit poky, in between

chills (fever) and thrills, watching all of John-Nathan's firsts in his new home! It wasn't until I pulled off the little devotional calendar page for today, that I said, "Oh, Happy Anniversary!" to my faithful wife. How grateful I am for her as my wife and as the mother of my children.

Hope that you will see him in person, too, soon!
"I love my wheelbarrow and my riding truck, but who's this little girl who wants to play with all my stuff, too?!" (I'm putting words in his mouth.)

"These mega blocks are pretty neat!"

"Hey, give me a call! I need to learn English!"
8 comments:
Yay! I am so glad you guys updated the blog! He is so cute! It's great seeing him with all of his new toys in his very own home, with his very own family!
Hope you guys feel better soon!
The kids can't wait to meet John-Nathan once you guys have setteled in! They are going to have so much fun together!
Hope you all sleep well tonight and have a great Friday!
Courtney
Dear Julianna
It was so good to see you yesterday!I hope you get alot of sleep!
Love Bek
P.S.Say hi to John-Nathan for me!
lol well settled was spelled wrong! Why on earth isn't there an edit here? =) lol
Welcome home....so glad to see your Dad & Mom with their new grandson....I can just hear your Mom's laughter all the way up here! And a treat to see our Ellie getting acquainted with John Nathan. Will pray for quick healing (drink Green Smoothies ;-) for you all. Rest, rest, rest. Love to all, J & J
What a grand homecoming it must have been! Seeing everyone in the livingroom and John-Nathan coming through the hallway gave reminder twinges of how very special it was for us to be in your home with you all.
Your photo of the immigration Visa in hand seems so very natural- soon it will be hard to believe that there will have been a time when there were not four of you.
We are rejoicing with you and are hoping this blog will be an ongoing update - aren't our lives to be an open book?!:)Well, that is wishful thinking and to let you know that we thank you for allowing us all to be an intimate part of John-Nathan's entrance into your family. Our love and continued prayers, The Fritzlers
THANK-YOU so much for posting!!!
So fun to see other people we recognize welcoming you home! Wish we could see him for ourselves, too, but I'm sure we will some day!
Glad you all made it home safely!
Psalm 105
1O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known His deeds among the people.
2Sing unto Him, sing psalms unto
Him: talk ye of all His wondrous works.
3Glory ye in His holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
4Seek the LORD, and His strength: seek His face evermore.
5Remember His marvellous works that He hath done; His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth;
Praising Him with you!!
Welcome Home!!!!!It was so exciting sharing your journey on this blog. Thank You! and thank God that you are safely home. Now the real journey begins! Still in our prayers,
Pam and Morgan
Thank you for posting all the pictures and commetary about your trip! I was very excited when I finally realized I could click on the button that played the video!! I am thankful you are home and cannot wait to see John Nathan in person and hear about your trip. Hope all of you are getting over jet lag and feeling well again. We are so blessed to now have John Nathan as part of our family! We love all of you.
Aunt Doris, Uncle Bill and Patrick
Post a Comment